[lit-ideas] Re: Spitfire

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:07:32 -0800

On Dec 24, 2006, at 8:32 PM, Robert Paul wrote:

David Ritchie writes:

So, dear Santa Gates, if you're all out of Aston Martins, I'd really
like a Spitfire and a few lessons on how to get the beast both into the
air and safely down.

How cool would that be?!

Plenty cool. You might enjoy

http://www.spitfire.org/replica.htm

or the more ambitious

http://www.spitfireaircraftco.com/

(They could use some help from Bill Gates themselves.)

The Spitfire was my favorite airplane when I was growing up during WW II.

To all a good night.

Brill.

Maybe I should add that I grew up within a few miles of Biggin Hill and that when I wanted the R.A.F. to teach me to fly, it was to this famous place, with a Spitfire and a Hurricane at the entrance that the universities program directed my shortsighted and thus thoroughly rejectable self.

One day, maybe.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon