[lit-ideas] Re: Something Cool to Think About as We start the New Year

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:39:04 -0600

Your quote reminds me of something I try to put up in all my classrooms,
that is, if I can find space on the board by removing all the
advertising for Visa cards, travel to Mexico for spring break, minimum
pay telephone jobs, and all the other "official" announcements of the
college. It's from a book called OF TIME AND THE ART OF LIVING, by
Robert Grudin. Here are two quotes from two different sections: