[lit-ideas] Re: Showing your age...

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:46:57 -0700

On Apr 6, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Ursula Stange wrote:

For some reason which I can't now remember, I let my students know (in an email exchange) that The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan was the first album I ever bought with my own money (and asked them for their thoughts on their first purchases).

Oooh. That was the *second* album I bought with my very own pounds, shillings and pence. The first? I'll never admit to it in public.

Hey, it was cheap.

David Ritchie,
digging into "Victoria" by Lytton Strachey...which is funny in
Portland, Oregon