[lit-ideas] Re: Scotish literature

  • From: "Kahn, Rupert" <R.D.Kahn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:45:23 +0100

Now I've got the name right...

The only other of Jenkin's books that I've read is Fergus Lamont which I
greatly enjoyed.  I read it so long ago that I couldn't give a reliable
account but it's central character is a sort of Scottish poser. The book
starts with Fergus Lamont  sending a knowingly ridiculous letter to the
Scotsman newspaper demanding that jailed criminals be allowed to wear
kilts.

Jarvis died last year and so I think that has resulted in some of his
books being reissued here.

Rupert
Sheffield