[lit-ideas] Re: Salamis, and is Western Civilization worth saving?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 02:21:22 +0100 (BST)

--- On Sat, 16/10/10, Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>MOI:  My opinion?  No one has ever before asked me what my opinion is.

Come now. So you've never voted? Never had a conversation? If I have taken your
opinion-virginity, with your consent, well I'm not sure what to think.

> I think that Mr. Helm saw too many John Wayne movies growing up.

We all did. Except Ghandi maybe; but then when asked his opinion of Western
civilisation, he replied that it would be a good idea. So the question would be
whether it would be worth having, as you can't save something that doesn't
exist. Right baldy smartarse. Lawyer too.

Btw, to be clear, Miss Piggy was raised in relation to "MOI", which she often
exclaimed. Just so everyone knows.