[lit-ideas] Re: SOMEDAY'S POEM

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:47:36 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 18, 2004 12:48 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: SOMEDAY'S POEM

Stan S:

> Damn it, Mike -
>
> You're letting your rhymes take charge of where your poems are leading
you.
> Now you're writing poetry -- for better or verse -- the way I do. That's
why
> I don't share them with anyone else.

Ah, Stan, you're trying to take it seriously again.

It's all built around "archetypos."  How could a poem based on "archetypos"
be anything but ridiculous?

In fact, how can anything be anything but ridiculous?

But I'm trying to serious up.

A.A. I was thinking myself that Stan is a Serious Man.  Serious Stan we'll have
to call him, who writes only Serious Poetry.  Geez, Stan, even T.S. Eliot wrote
ditties about kitties.  Lighten up.  BTW, in an era that puts Monets on Renoirs
on umbrellas, what's serious anyway?

Andy

Mike Geary
Memphistopheles.