[lit-ideas] Re: Rhetorical Grace

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:27:18 +0100

>JTB Forever (or until shown to be false and/or uncogent).>

I admit I have overlooked the truth and cogency of the "JTB Forever" argument.

Dnl

On Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 19:20, Walter C. Okshevsky <wokshevs@xxxxxx> wrote:

Is it too much to ask of this list that missives abide not only by norms of
validity and soundness but by basic rules of English grammar?

If I want to read "sentences" of the kind Donal offers us below, I can read my
undergraduate students' mid-terms. (Which I have btw - all 43 of them. So if
I'm being a tad ornery, you know why.)

While I'm here: Ever notice that an interlocutor who has lost an argument often
refuses to let it rest?

JTB Forever (or until shown to be false and/or uncogent).

Walter O
MUN