[lit-ideas] Re: Realism/Geary on Unreal Temperature [correction]

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:58:23 -0700

Thanks to Donal. I'll try to continue our lonely conversation this evening. A correction first. I wrote

So, there must be a Reality ‘outside’ or ‘beyond’ our perceptions that can be ‘experienced’ other than
by perception, and here one might ask: How is this known? Yet, this can’t be answered unless the experiencing of R and the perceiving of
trees and clouds can occur together: we know this can’t happen, for it could there would be no question of how perceptions >match or
don’t match Reality.

This should read ...we know this can't happen, for /if/ it could there woiuld be no question...

Robert Paul