[lit-ideas] Re: Reading List

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:46:42 -0800

Here's another new word: hyphee.

The kids in Oakland are into hyphee. The fad de jour in Calif. Well, No. Calif. I don't think this has reached LA yet. In fact, it hasn't reached the other end of the Bay Area yet.

Hyphee is acting wild. Kids have out-of-control parties, dance totally hyphee, and drive around in convoys of cars. The police, teachers, and the city mayor are trying to figure out what to do about it.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

From: <JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx>

Okay, now you've gone and done it.  I'm going to have to consult my  EOD.  I
now must know the origin of this slang word.