[lit-ideas] Reaching Today's Youth with the Word of Dracula

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:26:40 -0500

Andreas quoted: Students will come to hear what you have to say,?
Brantley said, owhen you prove that you are
credible and have a message worth listening to.

_____

It could just as easily read:

The genius of Real Interview with a Vampire is that we take the Word of
Dracula out of the Balkan Castle and into the moonlit streets where
youth feel comfortable and are vulnerable. We present a professional
Undead sports stunt show and then with the same level of excellence
invite the students to experience the Vampire lifestyle through music,
drama and the drinking of blood.

Brantley believes that while Vampires are hungry to reach lost youth,
they are also scared of sunlight. Yet he also believes that whoever
bites them first will reach them.

However, the biggest challenge is helping traditional Vampires
understand how to establish a sanguine relationship with secular-minded
mortals, and then to have patience to disciple them to become fully
devoted followers of Dracula, Brantley said. "Many Vampires want the
discipleship process to be nice and clean, but the reality of reaching
today's unbitten youth is that it is uncertain and messy," he said.

Think Renfield.