[lit-ideas] Re: Popper and the prostate

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:22:33 -0800

On Feb 13, 2013, at 5:18 PM, Robert Paul wrote:

> Yesterday my doctor recommended that I see a urologist and gave me the
> address of a nearby urology clinic which has seven urologists, none of whom
> I'd seen before:
>
> Drs McCoy, Kaempf, Winchester, Dutta, Geisy, McEvoy, and Kim.
>
> My wife called to make an appointment for me, and found that Dr McEvoy's
> schedule would allow me to see him (why do I assume they're all men?) at a
> convenient time. So, McEvoy it is.
>
> I'm sure that Dr McEvoy is highly qualified, but so far, his views on medical
> falsifiability are shrouded in anesthesia. Wish me luck.

You decided against consulting the real McCoy?  Dutta, I've heard, is better
than butter, Kaempf's manner can be a struggle, Winchester tends to repeat
herself, Daisy Geisy is a popular favorite, but Kim's the one you should
choose.  When tinkling bits need re-tuning, you can't go wrong with Kim.
Almonds in the plains, is he, a fine antidote to all manner of morbidness.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1901/12/kim-by-rudyard-kipling/306592/

David Ritchie,
Dept. of Great Game Studies,
Imperial College,