[lit-ideas] Popper Mistreated

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:24:09 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/23/2011 11:06:05  A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx writes:
JW: " So  who else do we add to the list besides Popper and Jaspers?"
Me.  I  cain't get no respect at all.

----

Geary will realise there _is_ a difference. McEvoy was complaining that
Popper, an Austrian philosopher who wrote in German (a dialect thereof) is
often  mistreated by Anglophone academics.

J. W. adds Jaspers (another German-speaking (and writing) philosopher) to
the mixed bag. In both cases they are considering mis-treatments, in
English,  about what these two 'fellows' said in a lingo other than English.

I vow that Popper and Jaspers were NEVER mistreated in their original
(aboriginal, even) lingos.

With Geary, the mistreatment, if it exists, is autochtonous, so the  cases
are slightly perpendicular, rather than parallel.

Cheers,

Spreanza