[lit-ideas] Re: Points to Ponder as We Plan Our Lives and Politics

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:47:59 -0800

He wrote his book in 1992, before the dotcom boom, before the massive webification of the infrastructure. It's uncanny how correct Reich was in his predictions on the impact of globalization.

I remember reading it when it came out, and thinking, this is like futurism. Mostly speculation. But by 96-97, the symbolic analysts were clearly the new winners. The in-person services, which were so important up to the 70s and 80s (doctors, teachers, etc.) all lost status and income.

yrs, andreas www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>