[lit-ideas] Re: Physics? Biology? How about field geology?

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:23:41 EST

In a message dated 3/4/2009 7:22:58 A.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Harris ... was in charge of a  fleet patrolling the waters
off South Africa. He, along with a young  upstart, used naval guns,
transported across land, to relieve the siege of  Ladysmith. Subsequently,
the episode was celebrated in the 'Field Gun Runs'.

----

I've just made some research on this not to much avail.
It does say the Islington competition (that's Kent) ended in 1999, and it's
as from 2005 Brickswood. It's not clear to me if it's a fixture in the
calendar  and if it's played regardless in Devonport?

It's fun that McCreery was speaking about 'field' and here we do have  'field
gun'.

Cheers,

JL
steps!