[lit-ideas] Re: Persuasion Redux and Merry Christmas

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:56 -0330

Eric continues to believe I understand and appreciate more about music than I
have let on. I can only repeat my insistence that I am verily innocent of such
understanding and appreciation. So the provision of further "examples," as with
the continuation of the use of a vocabulary I view as being overly metaphoric,
and mostly unintelligible, will not disabuse me of my ignorance. I love
listening to certain kinds of music; I love to sing; but I find no congnitive
content in it whatsoever. Shall we move over to the chessboard and some
Talisker?

Walter O.
Pythagoras Chair of String Theory and Quantum Mechanics

Spasiba. I vam tozhe.