[lit-ideas] Re: Peace Mystics and World War One

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:10:14 +0700

Lawrence Helm wrote:

"To return to Phil, it is interesting that he seems to think the
rationales presented for reducing weaponry and disarming as quickly as
possible aren't half bad.  That is, he implies that having arms really
did contribute to the war; so getting rid of them was a means, albeit
a mistaken means that might foster peace."

In the text to which Lawrence is referring, I am not expressing my own
opinion but rather summarizing the arguments provided by Kagan
regarding suggested causes for WWI.  I, in fact, point out that these
suggested causes may or may not be accurate, a curious admission if I
believe them to be the case.

As for addressing the rest of Lawrence's post, what I have already
written is sufficient.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia