[lit-ideas] Re: POEM FOR TUESDAY

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:03:12 -0600

Don't make your mama
       go through the trauma
            of parsing every Medicare comma --
                      vote for Obama.

Mike Geary
Memphis
Got tired of waiting.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John McCreery
  To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 10:08 PM
  Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: POEM FOR TUESDAY

  How about,

             in history's text no mere comma

  ?

  The "mama" is hard. "Yo, mama" leaps into my head but derails the thrust of
the poem.

  John

  On Feb 5, 2008 12:36 PM, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    If you're voting tomorrow, just remember:

     Obama's the cats pajamas,
                 he's the Dali Lama
                    who'll end the Clinton drama.
                          Go ahead then, be outre,
                                   throw away the Sutra,
                                         but keep the Kama
                                               that is Barack Obama.

    There's still "comma" and "mama" to work it.  But I have something else to
do.  So I'm throwing it open to the list.

    Mike Geary
    Memphis

  --
  John McCreery