[lit-ideas] Other Clashes, Other Rooms

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:24:19 -0800

I tried to post a note the other day but it never made it to Lit-ideas.  I
debated forgetting it, but I ran across one of the many news items I’ve seen
lately over the border dispute between Argentina and Uruguay over a pulp mill
and I recalled that I questioned in the note below whether the
Argentine/British Falcon war might be considered a “Clash of Civilizations.”
Someone quoted someone whom I can’t recall to say that the Falcon War was like
two old bald men fighting over a comb.  What can we make of the
Argentine/Uruguay dispute?  http://www.mercopress.com/vernoticia.do?id=11860
<http://www.mercopress.com/vernoticia.do?id=11860&formato=HTML> &formato=HTML

Lawrence