[lit-ideas] Orwell

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 04:23:15 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sure people who read the book on Amanda Knox read it not knowing that a
P.R. firm was involved, while that's virtually the only information I have in
this case which prejudices me in the other direction.  I don't watch television
anymore (except occasionally Ice Road Truckers), but I know there are protests
being held on Wall Street against all the banking corruption.  Are they being
reported on CNN, the NYT, other outlets?  Information has always been
controlled, but more and more it's really controlled.   The Vietnam War
protests were covered but today protests are mostly not covered.  Today is
downright Orwellian.  Here's a 2006 feature length documentary called Orwell
Rolls in His Grave, on how information is disseminated in this country.  I saw
it years ago.  It's well worth the time if one can spare it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1925114769515892401#docid=-4467655342219448521

Andy