[lit-ideas] Re: Odd story

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:20:07 -0800

I'm sure you're all out and about, enjoying Sunday.  Things here, however,
are a little slow; the Burns supper went on until the wee hours.  So I
thought I'd pass on the oddest tale I read this week; perhaps some of you
will return the favor.  Here it is, from the "Jewish Review":

A Holocaust survivor and sculptor was hurt Jan 24 when a 10-point buck
smashed a window in his Columbus, Ohio home.  Alfred Tibor, 84, was wounded
on his wrist and stomach and bled badly after the deer mauled him.  His wife
flagged down a passing motorist for help while Tibor fended off the animal
rampaging inside his home.  Columbus police shot and killed the deer.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon