[lit-ideas] Obama duplicitous on Iraq

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:15:31 -0700

http://www.keloland.com/custompages/kelolandblogs/sdpoliticsblanchard/index.
cfm?c=2162

Article by Ken Blanchard

"Not that we haven't seen this before. Early in his contest against Ms.
Clinton, Obama campaigned hard against the North American Free Trade
Agreement. While he was doing so, he quietly dispatched one of his advisors
to go and tell the Canadians that it was all for show.

"But this one is much better. The most substantial point in Obama's case for
himself has always been his opposition to the Iraq War, and his demand for a
speedy withdrawal of U.S. forces from that country. Now we learn that when
Obama was meeting with senior Iraqi leaders, he actually tried to delay
negotiations that would have lead to an American draw down. . . ."