[lit-ideas] Re: Not Surprisingly: Geary's Empathy

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:30:54 -0500

Surprisingly, JL does not notice the implicature implicit in my response to
Walter, namely that Walter is presumed to be wrong by me with no
argumentation to support my belief.  Some might take objection to this
prejudice, but that would only bring me to include them in my prejudice
against universalism.  One might argue that I engaged in universalization by
claiming that Walter is "wrong," rather than that Walter is wrong in
this here assertion.
Well, what can I say?  The cookie crumbles.

Mike Geary
Memphis