[lit-ideas] Re: None.

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 08:47:54 +0000 (UTC)

His answer, that the ability in question can be formalized as a set of axioms
from which all possible sentences can be derived now seems increasingly
implausible; but the effort to explain linguistic variations as permutations
and combinations of basic elements has taught linguists a lot.>
I come here today with not even a bad joke to offer against these wise words
and in a further unexplained act of good cheer hereby deploy implicature to
convey seasonal goodwill to all those on the list (if this, by the power of
Santa, be possible, and also  backdating so this does not seem belated). In
advance of future debate on Heidegger, this post may be my only truly "dasein"
act this Boxing Day 2015 before I am re-submerged by the demands of Rudy's
Minecraft Lego and Wii Lego Indiana Jones and other stuff that has corrupted
human existence since the time of the Greeks.

DL