[lit-ideas] Re: Nation Building, Nyet

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:30:22 -0500

My reference is the History Channel.  I suspect that it would be rather
awkward for Ford to go on record as saying, I'm giving people a raise so
they can buy my cars and make me rich.  His altruism was what altruism
should be, a win/win.

Regarding Walter's spelling of kak dela, as kak dsela, there's a very very
slight "t" sound, pretty much unnoticeable, immediately after the "d", the
way the English word "jeans" transliterates as djinzy (y signifying the
plural).  If you pronounce jeans, notice how the initial j sound has a d in
front of it.  Kak dela admittedly is never transliterated with an s.
Walter is either being a purist, or he made a typo and waited for me to go
into a rant.  Very funny, Walter.