[lit-ideas] Re: My kind of people

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 21:03:53 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/2009 7:56:41 A.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx writes:
How often is it that we get to  see something and say, "Those are my kind
of people."
_http://blip.tv/file/2070344_ (http://blip.tv/file/2070344)
----

Call me silly, but I played the thing without volume (I often do that to
trick myself, since I claim to be an expert on opera, and there's nothing I
enjoy more than Caruso without volume)
and could _not_ connect.

McEvoy wrote:

>some kind of logical necessity.

The logic of 'kind' (e.g. 'natural kind') is interesting.

Cfr. kith and kin

Also, "my ain folk" -- what a lovely Sham scot as I call it, by Laura
Lemon!

And then there's "Christopher and his kind" -- an autobiography of
Issyvood.

Cheers,

JL Speranza
    Buenos Aires, Argentina