[lit-ideas] Moving mode

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:07:44 +0200

The Lit-Ideas website offers me the option 'Turn Vacation mode on' ...

Well I suppose it's the closest to what I require: a suspension of Lit- Ideas postings in my mailbox while I attend to weightier matters.

I mean that 'weighty' literally - after over 11 years here in this idyllic setting (about which more later), I and my Lebensgefährtin are (reluctantly) moving house (within Kiel).

'Vacation mode' - ha! I wish ....

I'll be 'turning Vacation mode on' (at least as far as this list is concerned) sometime in the next few days (I want to miss as little as possible of the life of this electronic community, which has become an indispensable part of my life). I won't be able to 'tune in' again until some time in late July at the earliest / mid-August at the latest (electronic communication has improved considerably in Germany in the past 11 years, but is still not - as far as I can determine - up to North American standards and a change of address can sometimes prove complicated).

Until then, thanks to all, farewell, and 'auf Wiedersehen'.

Chris Bruce,
packing Hegel and Nietzsche
in the same box, in
Kiel, Germany