[lit-ideas] Re: Microsoft's Origami

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:13:10 EST

I am just so not ready/energetic to get familiar with a new OS  (Linux).....
I'm trying to figure out how the "Origami" compares with a  Treo 700....

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Microsoft's
Origami  Date: 3/9/06 3:00:32 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_teme17@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:teme17@xxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There is also Nokia 770,  see
http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=1376 for a
review. It runs  (Debian) Linux, which is by far
superior for this kind of use. The nerds  developing it
live to shave off few processor cycles, and in  an
underpowered device like a palmtop that is important.
Battery life ís  still pretty bad.

In a presentation a while ago a Nokia R&D guy made  an
interesting point. If we were to do full multi-media
on a cell phone,  assuming we had good enough
batteries, the whole thing would be literally too  hot
to handle.

Agree on Macs, five year olds can use them but I  am
totally lost. Well, at least you can start a terminal
in OSX  nowadays.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland