[lit-ideas] Re: Making of a mass murderer in English Class

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 05:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

You can't imagine a child's mother being killed and eaten by a saber tooth
tiger and that child growing up with the consequences of being inadequately
nurtured and doing the only job it knows how to do, which is to say,
inadequately nurture its own offspring, when it reproduces?  It was tough being
a hominid and a human, and still is, especially being a little tiny absolutely
helpless human at the absolute mercy of its environment.  This stuff goes into
infinity until it's consciously stopped.  Each inadequately nurtured child
creates another inadequately nurtured child, creates another inadequately
nurtured child into forever.  How is it going to be otherwise?

"JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  <<A.A.  She doesn't wonder where evil comes from.  Norman Mailer thinks it
comes from the devil.  Maybe she thinks it comes from the devil too.  I think
it comes from abuse in childhood.  Victims create victims.  Each victim reacts
differently.  Unless you think the devil creates victims, the answer is to stop
creating victims in childhood.>>

Every time you post on this topic, I want to hum "Nothing comes from nothing;
nothing ever could....".

Thought experiment:   Imagine that it were possible to scientifically  trace
human behaviour to the very first "evil" act by a human.  If evil is the result
of child abuse, and there were apparently a first child-abuser -- whence comes
that abuser's evil?  Circular logic -- under my feet, over my head.

Julie Krueger

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.