[lit-ideas] Re: "MISSING from PALACE, black dog, between a greyhound a spaniel."

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:30:44 -0800

On Nov 25, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

         "Dear Courte at Whitehal,

                    Yes, we have taken grab of
          thine bitch, for bitch she is. The king's
          father was beheaded by Us Round-
          heads, and as we plott to behead
          the current son, we keep the bitch.

                        We have too manie
           requirements for our devolution of
          the aforesaide bitch to the Majestie.

                        Meanwhile,

                                     Take Good Care,

                          X X X                 Y Y Y

                Iohann Michael Gaerus     & "Little Hope"

Excellent. Where did this come from? I'm not finding it at the Pepys diary website. Thank you also for the further information on si quis...

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon