[lit-ideas] Loving my Canada -- hating my government

  • From: Ursula Stange <ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:41:28 -0500

I've posted a petition online with an explanatory letter.   I'd be honoured by
your reading, signing and/or sharing of it.   My letter is to the world, not
just to Canada.   What my government is promoting in the Alberta Tar Sands is
dangerous for all the world.   I want my little 10 month old grandson to have a
future with clean air, clean water and a liveable climate.   Expansion of the
Alberta Tar Sands endangers that.   Scientists have warned us, but my
government has been bought by the international oil and gas giants.   I don't
understand:  do they not have children and grandchildren?   Do they think their
money will buy them some kind of safety when everything spins out of control?
Who are these people?

Please tell Stephen Harper that you won't take it any more!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Prime_Minister_of_Canada_Stephen_Harper_Stop_the_expansion_of_the_Alberta_Tar_Sands_industry/?copy

Thank you for taking the time...
Ursula
somewhere in the endangered