[lit-ideas] "Londres est jolie -- et elle n'est pas jolie; je le sais" (Tyler Burge)

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:47:40 EST

R. Paul, who loves Paris, writes:

"in geography a  clear distinction [is known to 'exist'] between Paris and
Buenos  Aires."

-- Yes, that is as it might  be,

but remember cities -- sorry in my previous  post I took 'distinction' to
mean 'distance' -- are broad things (and so is  Paris).

And recall 'puzzling  Pierre':

He _knows_ London is beautiful ("Londres est  jolie")

And he _knows_ London is also  ugly ("London is ugly").

(Example by (c) courtesy of Tyler  Burge).

McEvoy, who _knows_ should be able to *decide*  (and maybe try convince us).

Cheers,

JL

products.