[lit-ideas] Life Magazine

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:29:32 -0700

Remember Life magazine?

Well, that's all you'll be able to do soon: the magazine will no longer be printed. It's been around since the 1930s or so. Game over.

Life Magazine will move onto the web, where it will continue as a website. http://www.life.com/Life/

The demise of newspapers and magazines is accelerating.

To this, you can add the demise of the web. Yep, the web. Remember the web?

I met with Yahoo a few weeks ago in LA and they told me that the UK, more people use Yahoo on PDAs than with desktop computers. Yahoo and others are retooling their websites so these are accessible via PDAs. That means... no more web design that makes sense on a large screen. High resolution photos, lots of graphics, etc., is out due to the bandwidth limits for PDAs.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com