[lit-ideas] Re: Left's Love Affair with Europe

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:06:33 -0400

Lawrence Helm wrote:

seemed especially apt or as in the case of the article below, moderately clever.

US: Moderately clever? Hmmm...So moderate, I missed it.

I thought these two things were clever:

"These numbskulls insisted that Bush was a puppet of the Saudis, but ignored the fact that they begged him not to invade Iraq. That's the kind of puppet that only Stephen King could dream up. "

and

"At the very least, wouldn't we have invaded Cuba by this time and sent Castro packing, the way that America's cigar smokers have long demanded? "

at least funny,
Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx