[lit-ideas] Jihad, the Musical

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:06:42 +0000

http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=eeDDb5VYwbY

Sorab Wadia sings the part of Hussein Al Mansour in the Edinburgh Fringe
Production of JIHAD THE MUSICAL.  See http://www.jihad-the-musical.com/

Very interesting!  At first blush someone might think this matter too serious
to laugh at, but these guys in The Edinburgh Fringe Production might be right
on.  Laughing at them may be what is most needed.  Of course the Danes tried to
laugh at them and eventually backed down.  It will be interesting to see how
the Jihadists respond to this production and how the Edinburgh Fringe
Production holds up against the criticism.

The key song (on You Tube above) is Sorab Wadia singing "I wanna be like
Osama," which is especially interesting because "Osama" is the most popular
name (the last I heard) in the Middle East; that is, the most popular name for
naming baby boys.  Lots of people over there "wanna be like Osama."

Lawrence