[lit-ideas] Re: Jesus Grice Almighty

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:06:02 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 3/2/10, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Besides, Grice HAS indeed become
> "almighty" in the past
> 9 years mostly because of his dedicated apostle.
>
> --- Indeed. Especially since Schiffer, who should know
> better,
> apostasised.

"Apostasised"? This sounds derived from apostate rather than apostle.

Donal
Ashamed I may be encouraging this stuff
"Bedstand"? Who has one of those for books? It's for a water bowl and jug.
But JGA sounds an oddball, so what would I know.
Btw, in Popper's view all the Oxbridge crew are "minor", even if
self-consciously and deliberately so: that's the problem.