[lit-ideas] Re: India's fondness for America

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:00:49 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----

Musharef is using Kashmir to keep the Indians tied down.  They're eight times
bigger than Pakistan, and this is an effective force multiplier.  Kind of what
OBL is doing with us in Iraq, seriously.  We give Pakistan something like $3
billion a year to help us with terrorism and it goes into containing India.

On a different note, I had done a crossword puzzle for the list, using people
names and topics of discussion.  Finished it except for the clues and
formatting.  However, I recently had major computer problems.  An expert
recovered some of my documents, but as a recovered document the puzzle wouldn't
work properly (I had used a Word table).  I got frustrated and it was too late
to start another.  The clues would have been fun: Noel was going to be Leon
Trotsky's name spelled backward, North Poland was the real home of Santa's
workshop and so on.  Oh well, I tried.  It kind of went the way of last year's
New Year's Eve Eve party.  Wishing you all a Happy Holiday.

Instead, here's an oldie but a goodie:

For Alex, I've been on a China kick lately (also global warming and Iraq).
Qued a travel video on China from Netflix for my 65" TV.  Their travel videos
aren't the greatest but this one looked more recent and pretty good.  Also qued
a 3-disc history of China from 1911 to the present.  That's way down on the
list though.  It really should be fun.

Merry Christmas,

Andy

Or, Merry Christmas, Andy.