[lit-ideas] Re: If Not the US, Who?

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:09:43 -0800 (PST)

All I have to say on the world sheriff thing is that
it is on the whole a rather sleepy town he is
policing.

The one big global problem now as Mandelson points out
is energy, and connected to that climate change.
(Poverty and dysfunctional governments is a bigger
problem, but it is ultimately a local one.) We need a
way to put a price tag on CO2, and the only way I see
that happening is to get governments to agree on
taxing it. Heavily, as in replacing income tax with
it. That is really the only big thing now, and the USA
will not do anything about it. So I think I'll
concentrate on high altitude real estate.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland

http://mail.yahoo.com