[lit-ideas] Re: Honey

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:57:34 +0100

On 10-Nov-11, at 4:12 AM, Andy wrote:

the days of The Jungle by Sinclair Lewis

Surely you mean Upton Sinclair.

Chris Bruce,
fan of both - plus a third,
i.e., Sinclair Ross, in
Kiel, Germany

P.S. One of my stranger experiences in food shopping is coming across stacks of jars of 'Clovercrest Honey' in a local store. This honey is refined and packaged on the outskirts of Winnipeg, Manitoba. While a resident of that city I visited that establishment on a school outing in the early 60's. How odd to find its products in the neighbourhood foodstore in Kiel, Germany, over half a lifetime and almost half a world away.