[lit-ideas] Re: Homleand Scurity Bummed Out

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:20:50 EDT

I'm sure Dubbya will tell us all tonight how he's fixing everything.   Please
note he's giving his speech from the relatively un-touched-by-Katrina  French
Quarter, in front of a beautiful intact building, surrounded by lush
flawless foliage.  I think they hope that people will assume this image
demonstrates
how well the Govt has done at restoration.  I wouldn't doubt  that the
majority of viewers buy it, at all, at all.

Julie Krueger
as demoralized as the Homeland Security folk (but content with the  wonderful
African Peanut soup recipe experiment of the evening).

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Homleand Scurity
Bummed Out  Date: 9/15/05 2:11:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://slate.msn.com/id/2126313/fr/rss/

Homeland  Security's Lousy Morale
Only the Small Business Administration has unhappier  employees.
By Timothy  Noah