[lit-ideas] Re: Hillary Clinton Speaks Up for israel at U.N.Rally

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:47:07 -0400

Bill Clinton she isn't.  I was supporting her hoping to get Bill back in
theWhitehouse, and also because she showed some heart in terms of
children's rights and I think bankruptcy rights as first lady, until she
gave it up as senator because corporate didn't support it.  Okay, in
politics one does things like that, and I also forgave her supporting Iraq
but now she voted in favor of amnesty.  I'm tired of making excuses for
her.  She has no independent backbone outside of politics.  She's kind of
the best of the evils at this point.  Some senators did have the courage of
their convictions (Russ Feingold) and voted against Iraq.  I was
disappointed that Bill supports amnesty, but he wants to see her win too.
I guess he knows what people want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/17/world/17cnd-hillary.html?_r=1&oref=slogin