[lit-ideas] Re: Hilarious!

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:32:41 -0500

This applicant had obviously gone off his meds. Ha!

http://chronicle.com/temp/reprint.php?id=4yvmq33mxkbsgf79vmrg3qq8m4kdtfxy

"This is a lesson in symbols. To study philosophy is to recognize the cave. Philosophy is not afraid of anything! Nothing!" He groaned like Prometheus having his liver pecked out by the eagle. "So how does learning happen?"

"He turned toward the board as though to write, then spun back with wild eyes and cried, "I don't know!" His eight "students" jerked back as if Beelzebub had sprung at us. "What's going on here? I don't know!" He stared at his notes, then brushed them to the floor. "We will wrestle with the important questions. We will be afraid of nothing!" His passion swelled and deflated six times a minute as anguish and chaos battled for his soul."