[lit-ideas] Re: Helm's World [correction]

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:29:30 -0700

My friend is an engineer working, the last I heard, on building a power
plant in Nasiriyah which is closer to Bashrah than Baghdad.  He would be
referring to other nationalities he has seen or heard about over there.
Perhaps he doesn't have up-to-the minute information on which nationalities
are represented there.  If I were doing that sort of work I don't think I
would.  That wouldn't have been one of his concerns.  Nevertheless in
contrast to the image that America is "an army of one," I found his and
Teemu's comments refreshing.

Lawrence