[lit-ideas] Re: Heine and glory

  • From: Eric Dean <ecdean99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:32:39 +0000

MG writes: "Obviously Eric missed the train to Baltimore.  Had he made the
trip, he would have come in on track #6"

Actually, I didn't miss the train to Baltimore, I caught it, well the train
from DC to the Baltimore airport, but before we got to the airport I realized
that my flight was actually leaving from Dulles so I hopped off the train to
Baltimore -- having paid no fare thanks to the kindness of the conductor who
took mercy on a new arrival's airport befuddlement -- and paid, instead, $90 to
a Pakistani cabbie who drove me to Dulles just in time for my flight...

So I didn't get off in DC, I got off instead in New Carrollton, but I still
missed the glories of Baltimore.  Does it count that I listened to the recent
John Waters NPR interview while I was here in DC -- including the extra-juicy
clip reserved for the web site?

Regards to all,
Eric Dean
Washington DC

P.S. God's in pretty good company not living up to people's youthful
expectations.  Nothing to hold against god, it would seem to me.