[lit-ideas] Re: Heidegger on

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:17:17 -0600

ap:

Like wise it isvery important to reject anaesthetic and airplanes

I don't reject technology. Technology is the only thing that carries humankind forward. I do not want to sit in a cold dark cave gnawing raw meat and living in fear of offending the spirits of any and everything. Yay, technology! Can you imagine life without air conditioning? Preposterous. I'm a rambling wreck for Georgia Tech, and a heck of a refrigeration mechanic besides. Still and all, I dislike being commodified. "C'est moi! C'est moi," I shout my barbaric yawp from my rooftoop to a million identical rooftops.

Mike Geary
Memphis
rejecting airplanes (especially Fed Ex airplanes that fly overhead at 5:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. every goddamn day).