[lit-ideas] Re: Good Friday

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:11:20 -0700

Are US universities closed for good friday???

Not that I'm aware of. Good Friday is neither a state nor a national holiday. I looked at the calendars of a couple of Catholic schools; none of them indicated that Good Friday was a holiday. Public colleges and universities are closed on Christmas (which is usually included in a Winter break), but, as far as I know, for no other religious holiday.

Robert Paul
Director of Disinformation
Mutton College
'We never close.'