[lit-ideas] Fwd: Re: Re: "the space of reasons" from Morc Huck Pump

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:29:33 -0230

----- Forwarded message from Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx> -----
    Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:38:34 -0400
    From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: Re: [lit-ideas] Re: "the space of reasons" from  Morc Huck Pump
      To: wokshevs@xxxxxx

Eric: Hence the poet's love that has its reasons
which reason doth not know.

WO: .... All reasons take the logical form of
statements. Your poet above is woefully
confused about the nature of a reason. Which might
explain any broader confusions in life the poet
may have.

It wasn't a poet. It was a philosopher who wrote that.

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows
nothing: we know this in countless ways."

        (Pascal in Pensees)

My "space of reasons" detected a blanket
abhorrence of poets in Walter's responses, so I
tried this ploy. Even as I want to learn a
philosophical approach from Walter's patient
obliged to push back too.

Best,
Eric

----- End forwarded message -----