[lit-ideas] Fw: Re: Iraq and news

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I wonder if anyone can propose a solution?  If the Kurds get in on the act,
Turkey won't put up with it.  Iran is allied with the Shiites and is aiding and
abetting, if not even driving, the insurgency (U.S. News and World Reports,
Nov. 18).   It could almost be argued that Bush painted himself into a corner
and has to attack Iran.   It doesn't help that he has no diplomatic skills at
all.  If there were a new president other than Bush, we might have stood a
chance at a diplomatic solution.  But Bush no credibility and understands only
military "solutions".  Lawrence Helm, what's your take on this?  Is there a way
out?

AndyAmago