[lit-ideas] Fear & Trembling--movie recs

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:28:38 -0800

Just caught this movie on DVD. In English it's _Fear and Trembling_, a
French-Japanese film adaptation of the novel, which I haven't read.  This
one took me by surprise. I had low expectations--found it by skimming
Netflix. Slyly funny and horrific at once. I also enjoyed _The Edukators_
(German), now out in DVD. No spoiler info.

Carol