[lit-ideas] FW: War, sort of

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:33:11 -0400

Thought this was interesting.

http://www.jom-emit.org/

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Amago
To: lit-ideas
Sent: 8/11/2005 11:19:16 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] War, sort of

I first learned about systems theory in a management class many years ago, from
whence family systems is a subset.  Eric Berne's defining the roles that family
members play certainly seems a part of family-as-a-system theory.  I can't find
an actual founder for family systems.  A quick google did turn up these links.
I do believe that macro humans are a reflection of micro humans; what we do in
families we do in society (the hero, the helper, the scapegoat, etc.).
Dawkins' meme, the self-perpetuating unit of something, whether genes or ideas,
would have a niche here somewhere too.  An argument can be made that most of
what we believe are memes.  The bottom line is, war is multi-facted.  Like an
iceberg, most of the need for it is hidden below the surface.

http://www.geocities.com/a_lonely0us/publications/systems_theory.htm
http://web.pdx.edu/~cbcm/CFS410U/FamilySystemsTheory.pdf