[lit-ideas] FW: Re: The Piano Man

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:00:54 -0400

>[Bush] also happens
> to be an angry person who, I believe, doesn't like the country, but that's
> nothing to do with his belief in God.

Actually, it may well have everything to do with his overemphasizing his
belief in God.  Bush is a dry drunk.  God is a replacement for drink (this
is fairly common knowledge; the higher power of Alcoholics Anonymous and so
on).  It's also well known that alcoholism is an effort at self medication
for depression.  A definition, or aspect, of depression is repressed anger.
By this definition, Bush's alcoholism gives him away as an angry person,
and certainly his behaviors are belligerent and destructive (starting a
war, dismantling SS, subordinating terrorism to his clash of egos with
Saddam, and so on).   This hypothesis is not far fetched, even if
impossible to prove other than looking at the alcoholic profile and the
behaviors that speak for themselves.